What is Reflexology?
Foot reflexology is a very detailed, intensely relaxing and luxurious
massage of the feet and lower legs. It
provides deep relaxation to all parts of the body through stimulation of the
corresponding reflex points on the feet.
Because each foot has over 7,200 nerve endings, a thorough massage of
the feet actually provides relaxation to the entire body!
Reflexology is especially beneficial for pregnant women, as well as people
with cancer, AIDS, diabetes or other circulatory problems in the legs. It is also a wonderful alternative for those
who are nervous or uncomfortable with full-body massage.
- Relieves soreness in the feet and lower legs;
- Improves circulation;
- Reduces edema, especially during pregnancy;
- Can relieve some symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
associated with diabetes;
- Reduces pain associated with plantar fasciitis;
- Can relieve discomforts of fibromyalgia and other chronic
- Excellent massage alternative for people with cancer, HIV
- Provides deep relaxation to the entire body
Reflexology is very safe for most everyone.
However, there are a few medical conditions which limit or prohibit work
on the feet and legs. Please get
written permission from your doctor before receiving reflexology if you are
experiencing any of the following:
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- History of blood clots in the legs
- Severe varicose veins that are very swollen and painful
- Pitting edema that is red, hot or painful to the touch
- Ingrown toenail that is infected
- Recent fracture in the foot (within 4 weeks)
- Recent surgery on the foot (within 6 weeks, or sutures present)